POSITION: OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: HR and Operations Manager
FLSA: Full-time (40 hours/week), Non-exempt
LOCATION: San Francisco
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 18, 2021
Download this job opportunity as a PDF
About the California Housing Partnership
The California Housing Partnership (the “Partnership”) is a statewide nonprofit consulting and housing policy organization whose mission is to create and preserve affordable and sustainable homes for Californians with low incomes by providing expert financial and policy solutions to nonprofit and public partners.
The Operations Associate is an integral member of the Partnership’s Operations Team. This team consists of the Director of Finance and Operations, the HR and Operations Manager, and the Director of Communications. Under the supervision of the HR and Operations Manager, the Operations Associate performs a wide variety of administrative functions to support the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support (45%): Operate as Office Manager for our San Francisco office and provide administrative support to the entire organization. Support areas including meeting and event management, external staff-led trainings, and contract management. Provide occasional support on special projects and duties as assigned by President & CEO.
Technology (40%): Serve as the organization’s non-technical IT lead and work in conjunction with our existing third-party IT provider to assist all staff with their technology needs. Support areas include implementation of new software processes and systems, and basic technology troubleshooting.
Human Resources (15%): Assist in areas including recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, performance management, employee engagement, and file management.
Our ideal candidate for this position is someone that:
- Is people-oriented with the ability and desire to pro-actively support and engage others.
- Has strong organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Takes initiative and manages tasks autonomously while providing strong attention to detail.
- Has experience and interest in working in a nonprofit setting.
- Has experience providing support to staff in remote office locations.
- Is flexible and willing to take on a variety of support functions as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience supporting a fast-paced office environment.
- Proficiency with Mac computers, Microsoft Office, G Suite.
- Experience using the following platforms preferred:
- Zoom administration
- Strong ability to learn and teach new technology and find solutions to troubleshooting technology.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in personnel matters.
- Physical ability to lift and move objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within California.
Equal Opportunity Employer:The California Housing Partnership is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and identities to apply. For more information about the Partnership, visit our website at www.chpc.net.
The hourly rate for this position is $28.37 – $31.25. Compensation includes a competitive package of employee benefits including health, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, transit subsidy, health reimbursement account, employee assistance plan, and 403(b) retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Associate – [YOUR LAST NAME].” In your cover letter, please also include a response to the following question: What professional and personal experiences inspire your commitment to community development and social justice issues?