The scale of housing insecurity, lack of affordability, and homelessness in California, exacerbated by the economic fall-out from COVID-19, calls for bold, innovative solutions. There are major federal and state proposals being developed that would significantly increase the resources available for multifamily affordable housing in California, placing unprecedented challenges and demands on the private financing sector. This workshop brings together leaders in affordable housing finance for a frank discussion not only on current investment and lending market but also on how the lender and investor community can work together to advance the Goals of the Roadmap Home and meet the scale and urgency of these unprecedented challenges, so that every Californian has a safe, stable, and affordable home.
Act Now and Finance the Future: Lenders and Investors Fueling the Ride on the Roadmap Home
Host: Housing California
- Mengxin Zhou, Senior Housing Finance Consultant, California Housing Partnership
- Zohreh Khodabandelu, Senior Affordable Housing Finance Consultant, Community Economics, Inc.
- Lisa Gutierrez, Senior Vice President, U.S. Bancorp CDC, US Bank
- Cécile Chalifour, Managing Director, Community Development Banking, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Norma Dominguez, Director, Community Lending & Investment, Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking
- Javier Guzman, Vice President, Relationship Manager, Community Development Finance, MUFG Union Bank