CHPC advises clients on financial strategies to maximize equity and bond or loan proceeds raised, selection of equity investors, lenders, and underwriters, negotiation of deal points, preparation of financial projections, and assistance in obtaining funding from a large array of competitive programs.
Sample Scope of Services
CHPC typically provides the following services:
- Feasibility: Assist Sponsor in reviewing the financing structure of the development.
- Local Government Commitments: Assist Sponsor in creating financial models for submittal to local governments for such funding through CDBG, HOME, or locally administered funds.
- Lender Selection: Assist Sponsor to secure the most advantageous conventional and/or tax-exempt bond financing commitment.
- TCAC Application: Assist Sponsor in structuring a 4% or 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credit application, including project feasibility, syndication and financing projections, meeting California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (TCAC) thresholds, and maximizing competitiveness.
- Other Applications (as needed): Assist Sponsor in structuring competitive applications for a wide range of state funding programs including: CDLAC, Multifamily Housing Program (MHP), Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), Veterans Housing and Homelessness Prevention (VHHP), Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC), and others.
- Syndication of Low Income Housing Tax Credits: Assist sponsor in identifying and securing an investor.