The California Housing Partnership recently launched the Housing Needs Dashboard, a new online data tool to discover and compare housing data for every California county and the state overall:
- Affordable housing need versus supply
- Housing market condition indicators
- Federal and state affordable housing funding levels
- Multifamily housing production and preservation trends
Join us on Thursday, July 9, at 11:30 am for a one-hour demonstration and Q&A of the unique features and content of this new industry resource.
Sample research questions that can be answered in the dashboard:
- How many low-income renter households do not have access to an affordable home, and how has this gap changed over time?
- How has Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) production increased or decreased since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017?
- What percentage of extremely low-income households are paying more than half of their income on housing costs compared to moderate-income households, and how has this changed over time?
- How much do renters need to earn to afford local average monthly two-bedroom asking rents?
- How much has state and federal funding for housing production and preservation changed in the last decade?