Main Office, 369 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA
The California Housing Partnership Corporation (CHPC) assists nonprofit and government housing agencies to create and preserve energy efficient homes affordable to lower income households while providing leadership on housing preservation and energy efficiency policy and funding. CHPC employs 27 people located in multiple locations throughout California with its headquarters in San Francisco.
CHPC seeks a part-time (24 – 32 hours per week) Administrative Assistant/Operations Associate to join our Operations Team and provide support in guiding and managing organization-wide administrative activities. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is based in our main office in the financial district of San Francisco (SF). This is a non-exempt, part-time position with the potential to become full-time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Entering CHPC client data from service contracts into Salesforce.
- Researching and obtaining necessary information for completing Salesforce client entries.
- Entering new projects into timesheet tracking software (Harvest) for all staff
- Providing data entry support to the Sustainable Housing Program Director for SOMAH and LIWP programs.
- Scheduling and preparing meetings including booking on and offsite locations, setting up video conference equipment, coordinating meal orders, and other general logistics.
- Managing all staff’s registrations and travel arrangements for various conferences and events.
- Tracking attendance at CHPC-led conference workshops and other events.
- Providing support as needed for special events including off-site events.
- Coordinating logistics for SOMAH-related conferences and events (e.g. workshops, travel, hotel, shipping, registration, and exhibit booths).
Information Technology (IT)
- Assisting in general IT troubleshooting with staff from all office locations.
- Troubleshooting wireless Internet connectivity, printers/copiers, and other hardware issues for the SF office.
General Office Management
- Managing office supply orders for all four office locations, as requested, and stocking supplies for SF office.
- Ordering and stocking office beverages and food for SF office and special events.
- Tracking staff birthdays/work anniversaries and purchasing gifts per policy.
- Handling SF office’s incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Keeping common spaces in San Francisco office clean and organized.
- Coordinating SF office maintenance requests with building management.
- Greeting visitors by welcoming and directing them appropriately and notifying appropriate staff of visitor’s arrival.
- Occasional admin support to President/CEO for travel and meeting prep.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills for the Position include:
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience supporting a fast-paced office environment required.
- Proficiency with Mac computers, Microsoft Office, G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, etc.) required.
- Experience using Salesforce, a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and manage tasks autonomously while providing strong attention to detail.
- Experience providing support to staff in remote office locations.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Flexibility to take on a variety of support functions as needed.
- Physical ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and interest in working in a nonprofit setting highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally (2-4 times per year) within California.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $20-$23/hour depending on experience. CHPC provides a competitive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, transit subsidy, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CHPC is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is considered an asset. For more information about CHPC, visit our website at www.chpc.net.
Send cover letter and resume to Amanda Isbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15. Subject line should read “Administrative Assistant/Operations Associate – LAST NAME”