The California Housing Partnership is Hiring!
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Sustainable Housing Program Associate or Manager (Los Angeles)
SUSTAINABLE HOUSING PROGRAM ASSOCIATE or MANAGER
About the Position
This team member will work under supervision by the Sustainable Housing Program Director to implement statewide clean energy programs for multifamily affordable housing. This role includes direct outreach, education and technical assistance to nonprofit affordable housing owners and public housing authorities to help them assess, finance and apply for California solar and energy efficiency incentive programs, including the Solar on Multifamily Affordable Housing (SOMAH), the Low-Income Weatherization Program (LIWP) for Multifamily and other related programs. The position will interface with other partner agencies and stakeholder groups, coordinate activities aimed at reaching affordable housing property owners, and interact with a wide range of affordable housing stakeholder groups and perform other related tasks as assigned. This includes providing technical assistance related to program eligibility and other requirements as well as affordable housing regulations.
- At least two years of experience for an Associate, and at least four years of experience for a Manager, in program marketing, outreach, and education in the fields of green building, clean energy, and/or affordable housing.
- Skills in outreach, education, marketing, program administration, technical assistance, and knowledge of clean energy technologies, project design, project management are highly preferred. Previous experience in the California Central Valley region is also highly valued.
- Bachelor’s degree; a graduate degree in a related field can substitute for one year of work experience.
- Strong project management and client management skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including public speaking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and cloud-based collaboration tools.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the Sustainable Housing Program Director about solar and energy efficiency program participation barriers and potential solutions by developing and executing a coordinated outreach plan.
- Assist Sustainable Housing Program staff and partner organizations with implementation of SOMAH and other programs.
- Lead solar and other sustainability program outreach, education, intake, portfolio reviews, and data entry for nonprofit affordable housing owners and public housing authorities under the supervision of the Sustainable Housing Program Director.
- Develop and implement statewide outreach strategies with the support of the Sustainable Housing Director and other team members.
- Represent the California Housing Partnership in our role as Authorized SOMAH Administration Team Representative, and other programs.
- Interface with potential program participants for program education, portfolio reviews and intake through direct outreach, exhibiting at affordable housing conferences, presenting at workshops, webinars and other types of convenings.
- Develop and implement presentations for various audiences and type of venues, including one-on-one presentations, conference workshops, public forums, and internal team meetings.
- Build relationships with property owners, including property managers and professional organizations and government agencies to expand SOMAH program awareness, its email list, and pipeline.
- Assist Sustainable Housing Program Director and program partners provide technical assistance to nonprofit affordable housing owners and public housing authorities to help them participate in sustainable energy and green building programs. Examples include interpreting clean energy and affordable housing program guidelines and maintaining ongoing compliance with program guidelines.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: The California Housing Partnership is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is considered an asset and centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage individuals of marginalized communities to apply. These groups include, but are not limited to, people of various: races, genders, sexualities, abilities, and socioeconomic status.
Compensation: Salary for the position is based on experience, and compensation includes a competitive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, transit subsidy, and 403 (b) retirement plan.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Sustainable Housing [Associate/Manager] Candidate – [YOUR LAST NAME].”