In recognition of the key role that energy and water costs play in the long-term financial feasibility of operating affordable housing developments, the California Housing Partnership Corporation convenes the Green Rental Home Energy Efficiency Network (GREEN), a network established in 2010 to increase access to energy efficiency, clean energy, and water conservation resources for low-income households living in affordable rental properties in California. GREEN is comprised of GREEN is comprised of more than 50 nonprofit affordable housing organizations and housing agencies across the state.
- Energy Affordability: Advance state solar, energy efficiency and energy storage programs and solutions for the low-income multifamily rental sector.
- Water Affordability: Work at the state and local level to increase affordable housing and low-income household access to water affordability and conservation resources.
- Financing Solutions: Advise on development of energy financing tools such as On-Bill Repayment and On-Bill Financing.
- Los Angeles: Advance energy and water affordability solutions for the low-income multifamily rental sector in the City of Los Angeles.
2017-2018 GREEN Advisory Board
The GREEN Advisory Board is a group of nonprofit affordable housing organizations who guide CHPC’s work to increase and enhance energy and water resources for multifamily affordable rental properties in California. The Board also ensures that CHPC’s policy priorities remain grounded in the needs and issues of our nonprofit owner constituency, and the low-income households they serve, by providing strategic input on GREEN’s work. 2017-2018 Advisory Board members include:
- Jos Ferguson, Director of Asset Management, Many Mansions
- Betsy McGovern-Garcia, Program Director, Real Estate Development, Self-Help Enterprises
- Malen Rodriguez, Director of Asset Management, Hollywood Community Housing Corporation
- Caitlin Rood, National Environmental Sustainability Director, Mercy Housing
- Ruchi Shah, Sustainability Program Manager, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Sochiata Vutthy, Senior Asset Manager, Community HousingWorks
- Shanon Lampkins, Director of Portfolio, BRIDGE Housing
For more information on how to get involved with GREEN, please contact Collin Tateishi at firstname.lastname@example.org.